Case Study- Project 20
2012 HIA Australian 'Solutions In Steel' Award
Project: 2138 Maleny-Kenilworth Road, Conondale
This stunning home is perched high on a knoll in Conondale, overlooking the Mary River with 270 degree views. Designed to capture maximum natural light and ventilation, this house features a contemporary palette of steel, glass and composite aluminium panelling.
The design spec was to create a strong and minimal maintenance house that will with withstand extreme weather and protect against bush fires. To take advantage of the commanding views and allow large glass expanses, a steel portal frame design was incorporated. The house is constructed completely of steel including bearers, joists and purlins which also negates termite attack to the structural integrity of the building. The exterior cladding and soffits are lined in composite aluminium panelling, commonly used in commercial projects. The use of steel on this project has provided strength, durability and modern aesthetics.
- HIA Official - QLD builder wins Australian 'Solutions in Steel' Award
- Sunshine Coast Daily - Maleny builders 'steel' show
- Winner - 2012 HIA Sunshine Coast/Wide Bay Custom Built Home Category
- Winner - 2013 HIA Australian Solutions in Steel Category
- Winner - 2013 HIA Sunshine Coast/Wide Bay Renovation/Addition Project Category